Monday, May 30, 2011

The End is Near...

Lost three of my four roommates this weekend, so now it is just me and Annie, like it was in the beginning. Becky had been with us for a week, but she went back to her base this morning, so I had to say goodbye to her - she won't be coming back until after I leave. So sad!

Rothberg is a whole lot quieter now that the undergrads have all went back home. No annoying kids conversing in the middle of the stairs or yelling across the cafeteria and leaving messes - not to mention no more inappropriately dressed girls running around! Hopefully that means the kfar will be a bit quieter as well. There are Israelis and Arabs living in the kfar, but it seems to be the undergrads who are loud and partying at all hours. Not that I don't enjoy having a good time, but as every grad student will tell you, there is so much work to get done in the next couple of weeks!

I fly home two weeks from today, which is super exciting but also super distracting. Even with the extra time we have to write papers after the semester ends, I am still feeling the end-of-the-semester stress. For one thing, I know I am not going to write 5 papers after I get home, so I am trying to get at least 2 of them written before I leave. I have one of them mostly written - 8 1/2 pages out of 10. I have also been slacking on my Hebrew studying, although Kristin and I kicked butt on our oral exam. The only real thing I have left before I leave is the Hebrew final on June 12th. I will also probably give a presentation in one of my classes, about the paper I have almost finished, but that is dependent upon how much the prof talks today and who (and in what order) presents next week. Oh, I guess I also have an oral exam in my methodology class - I guess I better schedule that and review the texts! Hard to believe a week from today is the last day of class! Today is the end-of-the-year party, with Ben & Jerry's :)

As you can probably tell, I don't really have a lot to report - but am desperately avoiding paper-writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment